Book launch




Here are a few photos from the launch of two new Pavilion Poetry books - Slant Light - my first collection, and Every Little Sound by Ruby Robinson this week in Liverpool. It was quite an experience to read from the book and talk about the poems to an interested audience in special surroundings. A beautiful day to visit Liverpool for the first time and also meet fellow Pavilion authors and the whole editorial team.
 I'm proud of my dark green book and the poems inside its covers and I hope it reaches a few hearts/minds/ears as it makes its quiet way about the place..
I chose to group the poems I read into loose themes - direct inspiration from the natural world, Anglo Saxon charms, and then oblique ways of looking at the world. There was also a Q&A which I enjoyed for its spontaneity and interaction.
As soon as I finished my reading, I thought 'I want to do that again and I want to do it better'.
Im really delighted to be taking part in the Linklater Voice Coaching Method course next month and then reading at Greenwich, Ledbury Festival and at Poetry in Palmer's Green later this year. 
I do feel lucky to be published by such an exciting new press and I'm really looking forward to finding the space to write again. This is all a bit self-promotional but I think is probably part of being a poet these days, as is the ability to perform.
All in all, a week to celebrate, so thanks for reading.
The reading room at the university's School of The Arts
With some of the fantastic interns from Liverpool University Press who helped with typesetting and marketing the books
New authors outside the pavilion

Comments

Popular Posts