Finished!

The 2013 London Marathon was an incredible day today. The city was at its finest - there were more supporters than ever lining the streets and there was such a positive atmosphere of defiance, and triumph every metre of the course.
I felt emotional all the way round and had to bury my face in my hands after finishing. I just felt very lucky to be part of something special and both profound and simple. The post-run support from the charity was also generous and kind.
And now I really want to do another one and get under 3.50! My time was 3.51. I kept telling myself to do myself justice. I was much more aware of my pace which helped with being consistent, and also drew on those gritty winter training runs.
Here's to all the starts, finishes and in-betweens and the best parts of human nature.

Comments

Popular Posts